Here are my policies for working together. There are some guidelines I ask be respected by those of you who take sewing lessons and workshops with me.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN TEACHER AND STUDENT
In the event that you - the student - need to reschedule or cancel a lesson, please give me a 24 hour heads up. If you cancel or "no show" within the 24 hours before our scheduled lesson because you forgot, I may not be that eager to reschedule with you. Given the appropriate amount of advanced notice, I will happily reschedule with you based on my current availability. If you have pre-paid for a lessons package, these lessons are non-refundable. I will extend a grace period of 3 months into the future for re-bookings.
In the event that I need to reschedule a lesson, I reserve the right to do so at any time and will happily reschedule with you. If for an unforeseen reason I am unable to reschedule with you, I will promptly refund you the money you have paid upfront for your package of lessons.
Payment for lessons are due in full at the time of the lesson, if you are purchasing just one session with me, OR if you are buying a package of lessons (which I recommend because it saves you a lot of money and helps you commit to your own learning process), payment is due at least 48 hours before the first of the series of lessons. I accept Venmo, Cash App, Paypal, Cash (US currency), and Checks.
3. Liability Waiver
I will do everything in my power to ensure your safety during our private lessons. I am a stickler about keeping your fingers away from your machine needle, keeping your foot off the pedal while threading or changing out your needle, and don't even get me started about using a rotary cutter and the potential injuries that can incur (those things are sharp). But if by chance you are injured during our lesson, or in the Portland Apparel Lab space, neither I nor the proprietor of the Portland Apparel Lab are liable.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN PURCHASER AND SELLER // CONSIGNER AND RETAILER
1. All clothing is sold as a final sale. If by chance the item does not fit, or does not work for you - I will consider trading it for credit towards another garment or sewing lessons.
2. Care instructions for all clothing are: Hand wash cool, line dry. If you feel comfortable washing the garment in a washing machine - use cold water. Never dry in the dryer. Drying clothes in a dryer causes premature wear and possible distortion and shrinkage. I do pre-wash my fabrics, but some are hand dyed or distressed in ways that make it impossible to machine wash or dry.
3. I ship locally and internationally. Shipping rates apply and are on a case by case basis.
4. I do custom design work and alterations on a case by case basis. Feel free to inquire.
5. I am a design and business consultant. I charge an hourly rate and am open to discussing your ideas at any time.